Who we are:
The KJ Volleyball Club (Kent Juniors) was founded by Dave and Linda Lutes from Kent in 1994 to successfully help the area junior high and high schools improve their level of play. This Puget Sound area club has continued to grow and improve year after year with the success of local players and teams involved in the organization. Over the past two years the club has grown outside the perimeters of the Kent city limits and has had several athletes from Auburn, Puyallup, North Bend, Seattle and beyond.
The success of several of our individuals and teams has continued to draw competitive players from across the Puget Sound Region. KJ has contributed to many outstanding area players and teams that have benefited from the training of KJVBC.
Some of the exceptional benefits include the continued successful careers of players such as Courtney Thompson (US National Team member, professional volleyball player, All American, Honda Award Winner, ESPY nominee and National Champion at UW), Christal Morrison (US National Beach Team member, professional volleyball player and National Champion at UW), Kelcey Dunaway (UW), Bridget Logan (UTEP), Alyssa Hilby (Tennessee) and dozens of other college players over the years. The team building of players has also been a factor in WIAA state contenders, league and state championships and providing full athletic scholarships for many area youth over the past several years. Over 38 Kent area student-athletes that have received athletic scholarships gained training and exposure from KJ Volleyball Club. In addition to the opportunity to earn college aid, there have been a handful of area youth that have had the opportunity to wear the USA jersey by being selected to the USA Volleyball High Performance, USA Youth National Teams, USA National Women’s Indoor and USA National Women’s Beach teams. We are truly honored to have such excellent representation from the area.
Our club-wide philosophy is to provide a rewarding and successful learning atmosphere that fosters a positive life-experience for each person involved in the club. Our primary goal for our teams is to compete to be the best at a national level. Our focus for our training teams is to see continuous individual and team improvement throughout the season. Our club ranges from 4th to 12th graders who attend tryouts each fall for our select teams. The KJ Volleyball club is a proud member of the USA Volleyball Organization and competes in the Puget Sound Region.
Our club-wide philosophy is to provide a rewarding and successful learning atmosphere that fosters a positive experience for each person involved in the club by focusing on the values of self-esteem, character, leadership, and sportsmanship.
- KJ Volleyball Club’s primary goal is to compete to be the best at a national level and provide maximum exposure and training for all the student athletes preparing to play at the next level.
- Continuous individual development in both proper techniques and focus on all values including self-esteem, character, leadership, teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Strive to see continuous team improvement throughout the season with our weekly training and team-building efforts. Focus on how training and team communication can directly transfer onto the court during competition.
- To assist players in laying the groundwork for maintaining a physically healthy lifestyle with nutrition, training, and making good choices to help throughout daily routines.
- To assist players that are interested in earning an athletic scholarship to help pay for their college education.
- To provide the Puget Sound Region with one of the most successful clubs on a national level at multiple age groups.
The KJ Volleyball Club mission is to provide a program with an environment that unites skilled coaches, committed athletes, and supportive family members in the ‘pursuit of excellence and achievement’
Committment to Club Safety:
Continuing this season KJVBC will be running a complete background check on all KJ Coaches, KJ Club and Team Representatives and Chaperones traveling with the teams. It is important to us, the region and USA Volleyball that we ensure the safety of all the players within the club. Please contact the KJ Club Director if you have questions or concerns regarding any club representative.